The truck arrived a day ago from Lowell Fleet, on Tanner St. It’s the only garage with large enough facilities to handle all 18 feet of the beast. Having already unbolted and stripped the cabin shelving units, today was the first application of bondo.
You can see all the plastic cappings covering security bolts for the shelving unit on the outside of the truck
This is what the inside looked like before. They removed all the tools but left the shelves in. We had to take them all down.
The driver’s side.
It took 16 hours with two people to remove all the bolts and shelves. They were not meant to come off.
Originally we were gonna use a grinder and pop out the bolts but when we got to that point we realized a grinder was not gonna work so it was good old fashion elbow grease and two vise grips.
Prior to filling the the holes with bondo everything needed to be sanded down.
After removing the shelving the holes were taped from the inside and bondo applied from outside.
The first application of bondo took about an 30-45 minutes to dry in the cold weather.
We had a lot of holes to fill.